NEOSIL FOULING RELEASE SYSTEM IS THE ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY ALTERNATIVE TO CONVENTIONAL ANTI-FOULING.
SUBSTANTIALLY REDUCE COST OF OWNERSHIP & SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCE CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE INTENSITY.
The main difference between existing antifoulings and Neosil is the mechanism. Conventional anti-foulings dissolve in water, releasing heavy metals such as tin and copper, the heavy metals in the anti-foulings are actually a saponification of esters, wich cause the polymer tinacrylate or copperacrylate to dissolve in water. Besides the release of heavy metals, biocides are released as well. The conventional anti- foulings are based on the principle of killing the fouling.
The Neosil system is a two-component silicon based product and does not dissolve in water. This results in no addition to the environment. The Neosil system is free of heavy metals and biocides.
Neosil can’t be described as an antifouling, since it has no fouling repelling mechanism. The fouling is able to form however is has a very weak adhesion on the coating. Due to the weak adhesion, the fouling is very easily removed either through friction or by the flow of water on the fouling by sailing. The remaining fouling can easily be removed by a working wooly (glove) or with the use of a wet brush. Due to its hard character Neosil can be treated with a scrubber. By combining Neosil with ultrasonic appliances the forming of fouling after 200 hours, especially in warm nutrient waters, is reduced to an absolute minimum.
The Neosil system is a one-layer, extremely hard system and has to be seen as a fouling release system, rather than an antifouling. Conventional antifoulings need to be replaced once every 1 or 2 year. Neosil lasts between 7 and 10 years. Applying Neosil results in a fuel saving of approximately 8% and a reduce of maintenance, dock time, unproductive hours/days, man-hours and material costs.
- Is an extremely hard & long-lasting, one-layer only, coating.
- Does not need to be reapplied each year, but once every 7 years and only if necessary or if the coating is severely damaged.
- Removes fouling very easy with a soft sponge or brush or is flushed of at speeds over 8 knots.
- Is very friendly to the environment as it does not contain any heavy metals or biocides.
- Creates an extremely slick surface, which ensures faster speeds or using 6% to 8% less fuel.
- Can be used for all types of boats and yachts whether in salt, fresh or brackish water.
- Is suitable for a range of substrates, such as polyester, steel, aluminium and wood.
- Can be applied on top of any existing, well cured, intact, epoxy based primer system.
- Is very easy to repair in case of damages.
We can synthesise any RAL color per custom order.
Neosil can be applied by roller and airless spray.
Before you apply Neosil you will likely need a primer and possibly an intermediate coat. Please use our Application Tool to find out what products you need. To find out exactly how many liters you need please use our Volume Tool.
Neosil comes in the following volumes: